Thursday 29 April 2021

Jigsaw Log #6

 

Welcome back to my jigsaw log series. I had a long period of not really doing much jigsawing so around the start of the month, I challenged myself to a five-hundred-piece puzzle which wasn’t too difficult in comparison to one thousand pieces. I love the cosy feel to this design with the pets on the couch, and I found it to be well made, as well as a nice difficulty level for me.

If you are just starting the hobby, this would be a good one to complete. My Nan was gifted it after having a jigsaw related chat to a friend. I noticed the box had a charity shop sticker, and in my experience, they are a good place to shop as lots of people tend to donate them after completion. It was originally from The Works, and they are online if you fancy a browse.


I found this article on the Gibson’s game blog and it’s a really lovely read:


Here are a few quick quotes from the article:

‘Puzzling reduces stress by occupying and engaging the mind to create a sense of calm and serenity’

‘Completing a jigsaw works both sides of your brain, the left hand-side that thinks logically and the right, the creative, intuitive, and emotional side. So, when you piece together a jigsaw puzzle, you harness both brainpowers.’

‘Completing a jigsaw puzzle is a fun and entertaining pastime that is enjoyed without any kind of electronic involvement.’

‘Completing a jigsaw with a friend or family member promotes discussion and interaction as teamwork is essential for finishing a tricky puzzle!’

Do you feel like trying a jigsaw too?
What pastimes have you been interested in lately? :-) Xx


4 comments:

  1. I love a jigsaw, I find them so calming!

    Danielle | thereluctantblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Danielle! Yes, jigsaws are so therapeutic! :-) Xx

      Delete
  2. Ah this looks like a super fun jigsaw! I love the photos you got of it too!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit, Danielle! Glad you enjoyed this post. Jigsaws can be so fun I agree. :-) Xx

      Delete