Saturday 21 August 2021

Jigsaw Log #7

 

Hello and welcome back to a new jigsaw log. I finished this jigsaw last month, and felt it was a really enjoyable one to do. The quality was great, and the picture was the right level of difficulty. My Dad gifted me this Christmas jigsaw last Christmas, and I finally decided to give it a go despite it being summer time.

The brand is called Corner Piece Puzzles, and The Works stock many of their designs. This particular puzzle has five hundred pieces. I thought it would be interesting to include some tips for those of you getting into this hobby.


1.) The different pictures on jigsaws will vary the difficulty of the puzzle. If you are a beginner, I would suggest going for an image with lots of variation, colour, and a medium scale so each puzzle piece looks individual.

2.) Start with separating the edge and corner pieces. Once these are placed down, separate the main themes on the picture. So, if you were doing this Christmas jigsaw you would start with the red pieces to make the postman’s van.

3.) Work out how you would like to fit jigsaws into your routine. You may prefer to set out an afternoon to do it, while listening to music, and having a cup of tea. For me, I like short, active sessions where I keep coming back and updating my progress.



Do you like to do jigsaws?
What kind of pictures do you gravitate towards? :-) Xx

4 comments:

  1. A lovely gift idea, for Xmas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, jigsaws can make lovely gifts. :-D x

      Delete
  2. I love jigsaws they are so relaxing!

    Danielle | thereluctantblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Yes, they are so therapeutic!! X

      Delete