Monday 28 February 2022

Zesty Cookies

 

Welcome back, today I wanted to share some baking I’ve been doing. I find baking therapeutic and would love to dedicate more time to it at some point. I used a recipe from The Hungry Student Easy Baking book by Charlotte Pike, it’s great for cookies, traybakes, cakes and much more. (Page 91.)

I edited the recipe a little, for example I added sultanas instead of chocolate chips for a healthier option. Because of this change, I think these would be a suitable breakfast snack. The sultanas add a touch of natural sweetness, along with the zestyness of the orange peel.

There was an extra step to the recipe which was leaving the dough in the fridge for an hour before cutting out shapes with cookie cutters. This gave me a chance to wash up and have a sit. I used a drinking glass for a perfect circle but you could opt for other shapes if you wish.

The zestyness of the orange and sweetness of the sultanas came though in the end result. They had a lovely texture, just a little bit crumbly. If I feel like using the recipe again, I might mix things up and try lemon zest and nuts or something.

What do you like to bake? 
Do you have any baking book recs for me? :-) Xx


3 comments: