Sunday 23 December 2018

Christmas Baking: Gingerbread Men Shaped Scones



Merry Christmas to my readers, and wishing you all the best for 2019. I made this bake in autumn and I thought I would finally share it with you. I liked the idea of making gingerbread men shaped scones, as it’s a bit different and fits the Christmas theme. I used a basic scone recipe, and cut shapes from the pastry with a festive cookie cutter. I got a pack of different sized cookie cutters last year from Wilko, and they’ve been great for a variety of bakes.

After drawing a smile I used sultanas to create the eyes and buttons, I did this as neatly as I could, although I think for next time I would press them into the dough just a touch more. The toasted sultanas added extra flavour and a little crunch to the scones. You can make any size scone and use any shaped cookie cutter, the choice is yours.

Will you be baking over Christmas? 
Are you looking forward to the festivities? 
:-) xXx



No comments:

Post a Comment