Tuesday 19 February 2019

Film & Music Reviewed #1


After a little break I’m back with a new series featuring film and music I’ve been listening to lately with short reviews. There will be a mixture of current and slightly dated stuff but each DVD and CD will be new to me as a treat to myself. Please let me know what films and music you’ve been currently loving and any thoughts on my picks.


Film // La La Land

Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling star as Mia and Sebastian, an actress and a jazz musician pursuing their Hollywood dreams and finding each other in a vibrant celebration of hope, dreams and love.

I remember when this film came out at the cinema a few years back, and there was a big buzz about it. I never got the chance to see it at the pictures so I purchased it on DVD. I was highly impressed by this film even though I’m not big on musicals. The acting particularly by Emma Stone was outstanding. I really enjoyed the 50s setting and cinematic photography.

Rating: 5/5


Music // Younger Now by Miley Cyrus

This was a 2017 release that seemed to get some good reviews on Amazon. After Bangerz, Younger Now took a different direction, with a more laid-back, country sound. Miley’s gone back to her roots, as her music has matured. Malibu, Thinkin and Bad Mood are a few of my favourite tracks. I’m also appreciative of the retro, funky CD cover design, as it’s really eye-catching.

Rating: 3/5 


What are your favourite film and music genres? 
Do any of my picks interest you? :-) Xx

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen La La Land - also not a huge fan of musicals but do love the stars of this film! I love "Malibu" by Miley Cyrus :)
    My fave film genre is horror or psychological thriller and I love rock music but also most other genres!
    Emma xxx
    www.lifewiththebruces.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma :-) How’s things with you? Lovely as always to hear from you. As you may know Google+ is terminating fairly soon, and as my comments section was with them, my comments were deleted and it took a while to get my bearings back with blogging. I apologise I’m not always able to regularly comment and return comments, but I would really enjoy visiting your blog when I have time. La La Land took me by surprise a little, as I thoroughly enjoyed it and I’m not big on musicals either. “Malibu” reminds me of summer, it’s a perfect beachy track. I enjoyed hearing about your film and music preferences too. Speak soon! xXx

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen La La Land and I'm not a huge lover of Miley Cyrus' music either. I tend to enjoy horrors or thrillers when it comes to movies, and generally rock music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Kim :-) Thanks for taking the time to comment. I know there has been some controversy around Miley over the years, although she seems to be producing some more mature music lately. It was interesting to hear your music/film preferences, and I think it would be boring if we all liked the same things. Speak soon. :-) xXx

      Delete