Monday 6 April 2020

Bunny Shaped Scones for Easter



Easter seems to have crept up on us rather quickly. I’ve been doing quite a bit of baking recently, but just not feeling like making it into a photo opportunity. I made these scones a good while back, and they are a very simple recipe which I will chat a little further about.

I used a basic scone recipe from my Cakes and Cookies for Beginners baking book. Scone recipes are all fairly similar, and so they are easy to find anywhere online. I put some sultanas into the mixture, you can too. Cherries, cranberries or chocolate chips work nicely also.

To make them look more Easter themed, I dug out my Easter shaped cookie cutters which I think I bought last year in a discount shop. They include bunny, chick, and egg shapes. I’ve seen The Works and eBay stock a lot of inexpensive Easter bits such as this.

There are other ways of adapting, for example you could dip half in chocolate or decorate with icing sugar and sprinkles. My family seemed to enjoy them without any extras, and they are a yummy treat while still being moderately healthy.

Have you been baking at the moment?
Has Easter inspired you to get creative too? :-) Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment