Friday 15 March 2019

The Snack Diaries | Part Thirteen


Pukka Blackcurrant Beauty Fruit Tea
(From Co-op, £2.00 for twenty tea bags)
I’d been wanting to try this specific tea for ages, and I picked it up after seeing it reduced in the Co-op. I wasn’t disappointed, the taste was very authentic and probably my favourite blackcurrant tea I’ve tried.

Co-op Rhubarb & Vanilla Infusion Fruit Tea
(From Co-op, £0.99 for twenty tea bags)
I often gravitate towards supermarket own brands for tea among other things. Own brand teas are always affordable and this particular product is one of my favourites. The combination of rhubarb, and the sweetness of the vanilla is perfect. I can see myself repurchasing which I don’t often do.

Aldi Pantry Carrot Cake Mix
(From Aldi, price and weight unknown)
I found this cake mix very reliable to use, as it rises well in the oven, and the carrot taste is amazing. I managed to get twelve buns and a small loaf which seems an ideal portion. The cakes were scrumptious fresh from the oven!

Harvest Moon Yogurt & Fruit Bars
(From Aldi, unknown price for six portions)
I went through a period of trying lots of healthier breakfast type bars, these ones appealed to me because of the yogurt coating however they came across a little dry unfortunately. They were rather average really.

Do you buy supermarket own brand food products? 
Do you have any snack recommendations for me? :-) Xx



6 comments:

  1. That blackcurrant tea sounds perfect to me, I love the flavour and have been looking for something to replace the Morrisons berry tea I used to buy. I've never looked at Ald's baking range but will have to give it a try next time I pop in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim :-) How are you? Sorry it’s taken me so long to reply and thanks for your lovely comment. I was pleased to hear you were interested in the blackcurrant tea. It makes a nice alternative to regular tea or squash; I hope you manage to pick it up sometime. Aldi is very affordable, we shop there as a family and would recommend a visit. :-) Xx

      Delete
  2. Hello Helen! I don't know if you still remember me, but we used to visit each others blogs and leaving some love years ago. Thing is, I'm back from my blog hiatus and I'm glad that you're still doing what love.

    Anyway, these looks good. I just wish we have that same product here because I always wanted to try blackcurrant tea.

    https://sarahrizaga.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah! :-) Thanks so much for your wonderful comment, and sorry it’s taken me so long to message you back. It’s been a while, but I remember you and your blog. I recently took an unintentional break from blogging and I’m eager to get back into it.

      I’m pleased to see you are back into the swing of blogging, and it’s nice to hear from you. I will do my best to leave a few comments on your blog for you.

      I hope you get to try blackcurrant tea, maybe on holiday, or bought online etc. If not blackcurrant juice with hot water is just the same. Speak soon! :-) Xx

      Delete
  3. I like the sound of the rhubarb infusion, just my cuppa tea...pardon the pun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kev :-) I was chuffed when I saw you had left a comment on blog; it was lovely to hear from you! I really recommend you try Co-op’s rhubarb tea as it has a beautiful taste. Hope to catch up on the blogosphere again sometime! :-)

      Delete