Friday 19 October 2018

Autumnal Baking: Spicy Baked Apple

So recently I’ve been in the kitchen doing some autumnal baking, and just to let you know I have a few related posts lined up. If you are a long time reader of my blog, you probably know I have quite a sweet tooth and since chatting to my dentist I’ve decided to cut sugar out of my diet where I can including thinking a bit differently about snacking.


I absolutely enjoy my baking, and saw this as a new creative challenge, to see what I could come up with which is just a touch more healthy. I think this was my first bake with this in mind and we are lucky enough to have an apple tree in our garden so at the beginning of autumn, I made a few things with the apples.



I used the spicy baked apple recipe from my trusty Easy Peasy baking book by Mary Contini as a guide to create an apple dish. I’ve never done a recipe like this before but there wasn’t really a lot to it, other than chopping up the apples, and putting a bit of spread, spices, sultanas, and nuts on the top with just a slight sprinkle of sugar to sweeten then popping it in the oven.



The result was surprisingly effective, the red in the apples made the dish look pretty and the taste was great too, particularly with adding a bit of spice. It would be a perfect healthy alternative to toffee apple to serve around Halloween/Bonfire time to warm you up, adding natural yogurt or no added sugar custard.

Let me know if you’ve ever made a similar dish 
or if you have some Halloween themed baking planned this month! :-) Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment