Saturday 15 April 2017

Hot Cross Bun Bread & Butter Pudding


Happy Easter weekend – and welcome to a new baking post. It feels like forever since I’ve had a baking session. Bread and butter pudding is one of my go-to recipes, so I adapted this simple recipe for Easter by adding hot cross buns, a dust of icing sugar and dotting the finished dessert with mini eggs. Most recipes I looked at had double cream, which I was lacking in the fridge, so I found this simple no fuss recipe using just mainly eggs and milk with a few extras. With the hot cross buns already having cinnamon and sugar on, I skipped adding the cinnamon and only added a dashing of extra sugar.



It makes a great Easter treat for someone who wants something tasty but not overly sweet. You can add extras like I did, adding chocolate such as mini eggs makes the dish extra special. A few things I picked up while creating this was when adding the eggy mixture to the bread, let it soak in for 10 minutes, and you’ll be surprised how much is soaked in. When putting it in the oven, as long as the eggy mixture has cooked, it should be done, I checked this by wobbling the dish until there was no liquid left. It can be served hot or cold, with fruit, or cream etc., the choice is yours. I got some approval for how it tasted too!

What are your plans for Easter weekend? 
Let me know if you are doing any baking! :-) Xx







No comments:

Post a Comment