Tuesday 3 October 2017

October Book Haul


I popped into a community bookshop in Wigan, offering free books, while we were visiting a relative nearby. The bookshop had a lovely, friendly atmosphere, I found three books that interested me and happily donated a small amount to them. I had a positive experience, and the books I picked up were in new or nearly new condition. Here’s a little bit about each book…


You Had Me At Hello by Mhairi McFarlane

A sparkling comedy, ‘What happens when the one that got away comes back?’ A story of Rachel and Ben who had been partners in crime and best of friends, bump into each other after many years apart. I enjoyed another book by the same author, so I picked this one up and although it’s an oldy, on Amazon there are thousands of positive reviews so I can see myself really enjoying this one, hopefully!


We Were On a Break by Lindsey Kelk

It says it all in the title really. Another romantic comedy, the story takes you on the journey of Liv and Adam who decide on a relationship break after going on a holiday together that goes pear shaped. I absolutely love the author, and from her previous books I knew the writing style would be for me. Lindsey Kelk makes me laugh out loud – I have actually finished this book so look out for a review coming.


The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson

The story follows David, a high school student, his parents think he’s gay, he actually wants to be a girl. Leo, another student, stands up for David, one day and an unlikely friendship forms. I’m hoping I enjoy this one, it’s made its rounds online, and it sounds like it could be an interesting read. I will let you know how I get on!


Are rom-com books your thing too? 
What genre do you gravitate towards? :-) Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment