Wednesday 7 July 2021

Eco-Friendly Hobby Suggestions | Part Two

 

Make Your Own Clothes

Everyone has to start somewhere, don’t be put off thinking you have to be an expert. Maybe start with mending or customizing things. If you get really keen you could join a class, read books and watch videos, or even write a blog.

Make Handmade Gifts/Cards from Recycled Materials

I’ve been making cards for years now, and it’s one of my favourite things to do. I don’t use lots of expensive materials though, people who know I craft will pass on (often recycled) materials to me such as old cards, ribbon, etc. that would just normally go to waste. I’ve started using cereal packets for the base card, this would work for many.

Start an Eco-friendly Blog and Support Others Doing the Same

Many blogs begin with a specific passion. If you want to learn more about environmental living, blogs and articles make a good starting point. Your blog can be about anything, some ideas include: natural beauty, slow living, budgeting, books, etc.


Start a Book Club

I love the idea of starting a book club but you can always start small such as buddy reading with a friend, following book blogs, watching book YouTube channels, or start a facebook/Goodreads group. You could choose books about environmental issues.

Start an Allotment

My family have had an allotment in the past, but be sure to know they require commitment. Maybe start one with a group of people or have a vegetable patch in your own garden. If you don’t have a big garden, allotments are ideal, and a nice way to meet like-minded people.

Volunteer and Help Others

There are all sorts of ways to volunteer if you look out for opportunities. My first thought would be charity shops, community events, local groups, etc. Information can be found online. You can also help people as a one off, delivering care packages, baking someone a cake, donating items, and so on. Support causes you believe in.


I hope you have enjoyed this two-part series.
Please leave in the comments any of your ideas!! :-) Xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I loved reading this post!

    Danielle | thereluctantblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, volunteering is very rewarding, as helping others and the community feels wonderful indeed.

    ReplyDelete