Wednesday 18 August 2021

These are a few of my favourite things #10

 

Books:

Greetings Cards using Digital Photos by Cheryl Owen

This book is packed with creative ideas to use digital photos in card making. I could 
see myself recreating some of the designs and generally I found tons of inspiration.


My Heart by Corinna Luyken

This was a highly anticipated read for me. The meaning of a heart that can grow 
and mend is beautiful. Quite emotional and heartfelt with stunning art work.


Carl and the Meaning of Life by Deborah Freedman

Carl the earthworm explores the question of why he is here and discovers his important 
place in the world. A beautifully told story with a special meaning. A picture book to treasure.


Urban Photography by Tim Cornbill

Extensive information on all aspects of urban photography. I learned a lot 
and gained much inspiration. The book could appeal to beginners or 
experts in photography. I can’t wait to start applying my new ideas!


The Night Sky and Other Amazing Sights in Space by Nick Hunter

A fantastic starting point if you want to learn about space. Quite 
insightful in places and interesting to read, I enjoyed it very much.


The No-Sugar Desserts & Baking Cookbook by Ysanne Spevack

A thoroughly researched no-sugar baking book. The author knows her stuff for example she includes a break-down of alternative ingredients with pros and cons. The book is beautifully presented providing lots of foodie photography inspiration. Bear in mind I haven’t tried the recipes yet but I liked the look of the healthier gingerbread men and pumpkin pie.


Lifestyle:

Paper High – A Handmade, Fair-Trade & Sustainable Brand

My Dad kindly gifted me this beautiful leather pocket notebook for my birthday. I was impressed by the information I read on the label and later did some research into the brand. Paper High share their story online, including how the fair-trade products are made. I recommend you check out the links if you are looking to buy someone or yourself sustainable gifts. I like the look of the cosy socks and rugs. The postage price is very reasonable too.
https://www.paperhigh.com/
https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/paperhigh



Olympic Games Tokyo 2020

I really enjoyed watching the Olympics as there have been some new, more unusual sports featured. Examples include skateboarding, rock climbing, etc along with the usual dressage, hockey and so on. 

Did any of my favourites interest you?
What things have you been loving lately? :-) Xx

6 comments:

  1. I am completely in love with reading at the moment!

    Danielle | thereluctantblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s awesome. Do you have any recommendations for me? I’m curious to know more. :-) Xx

      Delete
  2. The leather notebook is perfect, great item and your book review is super. The urban photo and the sugar free book are great picks. Thanks for sharing Helen.
    Hope your summer was good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Le Chic Mode, thank you for your comment, and sorry it’s taken me so long to reply. I’ve started using my new notebook as a gratitude journal. Glad the book reviews were of some interest to you. :-) Xx

      Delete