Sunday 30 January 2022

Jigsaw Log #9

 



Welcome to a new jigsaw log; hope my readers are doing okay. I have been working on this jigsaw since about November time last year, adding to it here and there. I normally stick to five hundred pieces but decided to challenge myself to one thousand pieces. This one came from The Works, and overall, they are a great place to shop for quality, affordable puzzles.

The Christmas carousel design appealed to me as I wanted something that would feel festive over Christmas time. There’s some lovely detail, making adding different pieces quite interesting, and felt the scale of the picture was just right. After doing this puzzle, I was inspired to learn more about old fashioned fairground rides, such as the carousel featured as well as the time period of the picture. If you are interested, I have recently done a blog post on the history of fairground rides (visit here).

Are you working on a puzzle? 
Or do you have a different pastime you want to share? :-) Xx



2 comments:

  1. I may have to do a jigsaw soon!

    Danielle | thereluctantblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what design you go for! :-) Xx

      Delete