Tuesday 12 April 2022

Magazine Review #3 (Oh)

 


Name of magazine

Oh (Issue 58/Early Spring)

Who is it aimed at?

Anyone who likes art and culture would like the magazine. 
It also seems to be for family oriented people.

The slogan

Mindful being – Mindful doing

What the magazine aims to achieve

The magazine feels like a comforting hug including escapist articles, and mindfulness tips. 
This issue was written during the pandemic, so topics for how to keep well are included.




Favourite articles

I read this cover to cover and I enjoyed all the articles. My tops were ‘Sisterhood’ an exploration of family ties, ‘In the flow’ about why we swim, ‘Green economy’ living life sustainably, and ‘How to be still’ the practice of acceptance.

Further notes

Reading this magazine was one of my highlights of the month. Sometimes I feel with certain magazines that they are just not aimed at me but with this, I was fully interested and inspired.

Would I buy another copy?

Yes, without a doubt I would order another issue. ‘Oh’ is more widely available to buy online than other titles I have read in the past.


Any DNF (Did not finish) magazines lately?

Practical Mindfulness Book (Issue Six)

I thought I was going to thoroughly enjoy this one, but because it was too technical and jargon was used I felt overwhelmed. I didn’t find it accessible.

Have you heard of Oh magazine before?
Do you read magazines in your spare time? :-) Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment