Saturday 17 February 2018

Blind Date with a Book for Valentine’s Day



So yesterday while I was in town, I popped into my local community book shop. I had a browse of the shelves but nothing was really catching my eye. Luckily I was directed to their mystery books, packaged in brown paper with little clues to what kind of book may be enclosed. I thought this idea was such a good one, and also went well with the Valentine’s theme. Of course I didn’t know what book I chose to begin with, but after reading a few of the clues in the book selection, this one seemed most fitting to my taste.


As you can see it’s described as a chick lit with romantic plot twists and a countryside relocation. It also didn’t sound like I had read it before, but it grabbed my attention. Today I decided to unwrap the book package (after photographing it of course!) and I was thrilled to see a Jill Mansell novel, I’m aware of this author but I’m yet to read any of her work. The girly pink cover is so pretty, and I can see that it fits the Valentine’s theme perfectly.


I will include this book in one of my recent reads post, once I’ve finished and reviewed it. On the day I picked up a few other books from different charity shops. Let me know if you enjoyed this twist on a regular book haul post. I thought the community book shop did well with this idea!

Have you heard of blind date with a book? 
Would you like to try it too? :-) Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment