Friday 9 February 2018

Valentine’s Heart Shaped Scones



So Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and I wanted to share one of my recent bakes perfect for this holiday. In January I had a good brainstorm for baking projects leading up into spring, for the past couple of years for Valentine’s I’ve done something themed, and last year I did mini heart shaped shortbread. So sticking with the heart shaped theme, I went down the scone route. I was familiar with the basic scone recipe and therefore able to spend time making them into a neat hearts with a cookie cutter.


I did consider dusting them with icing sugar, as I’ve seen that looks quite effective but instead I brushed a little bit of milk onto the hearts, so they turned the tops golden brown in the oven, which I think was enough. I used a recipe from Cakes & Cookies for Beginners by Usborne Cookery School recipe book, and it’s a very reliable resource. The recipe produced six scones, perfect for a mini tea party, or smaller gathering. I’ve actually got a few more themed blog posts coming up for Valentine’s, hopefully I’ll get them up in time. 

Let me know how you are celebrating! 
Have a great weekend! :-) Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment