Monday 28 May 2018

The Boating Lake Tea Shop Photo Diary & Chat

I wanted to share with you my outing to a boating lake and tea shop located by the sea in Redcar. My mum had seen this particular tea shop advertised on facebook, including photos and positive reviews. We went early so it was quite quiet in the café, and the menu was really great including freshly made cakes and posh teas. I went for a slice of rainbow cake and Whittard earl grey tea, both were exceptional. I love Whittard as a brand and the colourful cake was very tasty.

The café is just next to the boating lake, they had boats for families to go on and we spotted a family with a mini electric boat too. The weather was misty and atmospheric but it wasn’t too cold with a jacket on. There was an event on at Tuned In over the other side of the lake, so we went for a potter around. There was an impressive sand sculpture display, a vintage photo shop and more. There was lots of stalls mostly for charity and we spent some time at each, there was a real mixture and something to suit everyone. The event had a bit of a buzz to it although it wasn’t too crowded.

We spent a while browsing a very good secondhand stall, they had a selection of books and jigsaws with other things at great prices. I had a friendly chat with the stall holder, she was kind and helpful to me. I bought two books and my Mum bought a few things, one being a jigsaw. I took a fair few photos which paint a picture of the enjoyable morning we had.

How’s things with you?
Are vintage cafes and community events your kind of thing too? :-) Xx














No comments:

Post a Comment