Saturday 2 March 2019

Healthier Mocha & Almond Cookies


Thanks for stopping by, today I have a baking project to share. These cookies are my own recipe, and great if you are looking for something guilt-free but still tasty. I enjoy the taste of coffee in baked goods, and with a bit of cocoa the mocha flavour is really nice.



I also added almonds as I had some left over in the cupboard. I used a recipe out of one of my baking books as a guide, but changed it quite a bit, adding my own things in such as coffee, almonds and sweetener instead of sugar. They came out pretty well, and I can see myself making something mocha inspired again. This sort of thing could be handy for putting in a lunch box or having as a snack mid-way through the day.


Let me know if you’ve been baking lately.
Do you like mocha flavour in baked goods too? :-) Xx

6 comments:

  1. Oof, these look absolutely delicious! If I wasn't allergic to almonds, I'd be straight on these as I LOVE the mocha flavour - mocha is the only coffee I'll drink. Lovely and incredibly mouthwatering post Helen!
    Marina Rosie x
    http://marinawriteslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marina :-) Aww thanks for your kind comment, and taking the time to visit my blog. These were a really lovely bake. The almonds can easily be substituted with chocolate chips, other nuts, seeds etc. I might try to make something again with the mocha flavour; as it seemed to work well. Speak soon! Xx

      Delete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of mocha but could substitute the coffee for another flavour. I've been loving salted caramel at the moment but they defeat the point of these being healthy lol. Thanks for sharing your baking post Helen and I hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim :-) Thanks for taking the time to comment. I personally love mocha but you could try substituting the flavour with lavender or earl grey for something different. I recently made a cake with lemon in it which worked well, you could even add lime for summertime. I’m doing okay thanks, and hope you are too. I’ve been wanting to get back into blogging after an unintentional break. Speak soon. :-) Xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh, these look great Helen! I love mocha flavour.
    Emma xxx
    www.lifewiththebruces.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Em :-) Aww thanks, I’m glad you enjoyed this baking post. Hope you and family are well. It’s been a while since we’ve had a chat through our blogs. Nice to hear from you and speak soon. :-) Xx

      Delete