Wednesday 21 April 2021

These are a few of my favourite things #6


Books:

Light in The Landscape: A Photographer's Year by Peter Watson

I enjoyed this because of its autobiographical style, taking us through the 
photographer’s year; I learnt a lot about what to expect from the different
 seasons and gained some tips on different aspects of the field.

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy

There has been quite a bit of hype around this one and I went in thinking it
 wouldn’t live up to my expectations. I was pleased to find a beautifully
 illustrated book about friendship and kindness with a universal appeal.

Winnie The Witch by Valerie Thomas

This was without a doubt one of my favourite picture books as a child. 
We follow Winnie the witch and her cat that blends into its surroundings. 
I found it just as wonderful reading it as an adult.

Peggy and Me by Miranda Hart

I’m a big Miranda fan as well as having a love for dogs, and this book combines
 the two. It reads like a light autobiography, but Miranda includes musing from her
 wonderful dog Peggy. I enjoyed hearing about some of the behind-the-scenes
 stuff and getting to know Miranda that bit better.

Simply Country: Creating Comfortable Style for Cottage Living by Liz Bauwens

I found this book to be just the ticket for something light, and escapist. 
Featuring lots of wonderful photos of cottage style, and tips to recreate it.

Simpsons Comics: Hit the Road! by Matt Groening

I haven’t watched The Simpsons in years, but since getting into comics
 lately, I thought I would try this. I absolutely loved it, the humour, 
the illustrations; it reminded me just how great The Simpsons are!


Films:

The Sound of Music

‘A woman leaves an Austrian convent to become a 
Governess to the children of a Naval officer widower.’

Starring Julie Andrews, this musical is loved by so many. This was 
the first time I watched it from start to finish, and I really enjoyed
 it. I love the song these are a few of my favourite things.


Lifestyle:

A red admiral butterfly on some great hyacinths

The weather has been just beautiful lately so I went in the garden
 to take a few photos. This time of year, is perfect for spotting red
 admiral butterflys, and I found one on some great hyacinths. 


Have you read any of the books mentioned?
Do you like the sound of music too? :-) Xx

6 comments:

  1. The Sound of Music is such a classic!!! I remember rewatching it last year with my family during quarantine. I've heard such great reviews of The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse, def need to pick it up soon x

    brineandbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Macey, so lovely to hear from you! I thoroughly enjoyed The Sound of Music as it’s a well made film. Films are a great way to pass the time. The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse was a special read, there were some beautiful words and illustrations. :-) Xx

      Delete
  2. I am going to have to pick up some of these books!

    Danielle | thereluctantblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Danielle! Lovely to hear from you! Glad you found some inspo on what to read next. :-) Xx

      Delete
  3. Great foto of the butterfly! Cottage style a great way to escape.... reminds me of grandparents place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much for your comment! Yes, books are a great way to escape, glad you found some inspiration here. How lovely! :-) Xx

      Delete