Monday 9 May 2022

Bookish Experience Ideas

 


Reading doesn’t have to be a solitary experience. In my opinion, there are lots of ways to connect with people through the love of books. Here are some of the ideas I have collected…

Support Independent Bookshops
If you are lucky enough to live near one, you could make it a weekly thing and some have cafes. You could also try visiting bookshops on holiday, which I have done in the past.

Buddy Reading
I didn’t even know buddy reading was a thing until I started watching booktube videos. For those of you who don’t know what it is, you pick a book to read at the same time as a friend and share your thoughts as you go along.

Ask for Book Recommendations
You could do this in a library or a bookshop for the experience factor, but online you could try asking your favourite YouTuber or blogger.

Visit Beautiful Libraries
Libraries can be very architecturally beautiful and some are even famous. This could be something you could try to incorporate into a holiday or daytrip. 

Blind Date with a Book
If you are unsure of what this is, you can find pictures on Pinterest, but the idea is to gift wrap a book with some key facts about it on the front. You could make these yourself as a gift or sell them, otherwise search eBay/Etsy for yourself. I’ve already shared my experience here.

Read a Book Aloud
This could be to a younger family member, a spouse or you could volunteer to read to folk in an old people’s home.




Donate used Books to a Charity of your Choice
So, there are two steps to this, the first being to go through your books and decide which ones you don’t want to keep. Then, you can choose where to donate. Maybe you live near some charity shops or you could have a stall at a church fair and donate the profits to a charity that means something to you.

Join a Book Club
This could be face to face or online. I’ve never done this because of my specific tastes but I like the idea of it.

Go to a Book Signing
I feel this would be a cool one to do. They often advertise these events in bookshops, libraries, etc.

Go on a Charity Shop Book Crawl
I have done this in the past and it’s pretty fun going to different charity shops. You’d be surprised about the things people donate; I have picked up some incredible book bargains.

Make your own Bookmarks
I’ve already done this, but I like to be more creative each time. You can use old greetings cards, or paint/collage.

Visit a Library Book Sale
I’ve never been to one of these but would like to try. They sound interesting and I’ve heard books are sold very cheaply.


Let me know which of these you have tried or would like to try!
Do you have any of your own ideas that I have missed? :-) Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment