Saturday 4 June 2016

May Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Favourites



Welcome to another month and welcome to my monthly favourites of May. This is a collective much-loved bunch of items from books, to sportswear, a homeware bit and lots of beauty must haves etc. The first item I will begin with is these Sketchers pink and black trainers. My Mum actually passed them down to me as she got a new pair and luckily we have the same shoe size. I’ve been wearing them on a weekly basis to a yoga class for a good while now. They are so comfy and I love the pink detailing. On note of bright colours I’ve been accessorizing my outfits with this neon lime green pom pom trimmed scarf, I picked it up in the sale a few years back for an amazing £2.00, bargain or what?! It fits the current pom pom trend which I’m loving this season.

I’ve been drawn to Weleda products this month, including their sea buckthorn body wash and almond soothing facial cream. Both are really beautiful beauty must haves. The shower body wash is so moisturising and creamy with a lovely fresh scent. The facial cream is perfect for my sensitive skin so I devoured the sample sized product. I rekindled my love for the Nivea original lip balm, it made my lips so soft and I used it up completely. Last of the beauty bits include two Rituals products, the carpe diem shampoo and the rice scrub both in the organic rice milk & cherry blossom scent. It’s been a while since I’ve found beauty products this amazing and will be doing a review on my blog about the gift set including four miniatures.


I went to a homeware accessories craft day and decorated a wooden heart with butterflies and flowers on the front. The lilac colour scheme is perfect for my room, it’s been hanging on my door and I love it! Onto books I really wanted to share with you one of my most favourite baking books called Easy Peasy Sweetie Pie by Mary Contini, although its aimed at children and I’ve had it for years and the recipes are really lovely and the format of the book is easy to read. It’s perfect for beginners, and I always go back to it! There’s been quite a lot of hype around the Paul Arden books, they are little typography based self-help books, I read all three in the series and really recommend you check them out. I’ve been really getting into The Hills as I have the boxset, it’s my guilty pleasure and so far I’m on season four. I love the idea of reality shows, and the way this one is based in Hollywood.  I got round to watching If I Stay, it was really cool I won’t give too much away but it’s definitely worth a watch! Last but not least the CD that I’ve been listening to is The 1975, not the sort of music I would normally get into but love the bands vibe and upbeat hits.

So if you had to pick your favourite ‘thing’ of the month what would it be? Also which of my favourites were you drawn too? :-) xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment