Thursday 23 March 2017

Recent Reads Reviewed #1


What Light by Jay Asher - 4/5

I read this early Jan of this year after receiving it for Christmas. It made a great first book for 2017, I liked the festivities centred on the Christmas tree farm. The story was mostly character driven, and I felt for the two main characters Sierra and Caleb and their romance. I would recommend it to anyone who’s looking for a feel-good light read with important messages around love and family.


The Selection #1 by Kiera Cass – 5/5

I thoroughly enjoyed this as it was my first official dystopian themed book. On paper, it might not work for a few reasons but it was my guilty pleasure and satisfying to get into. I liked the combination of themes including reality TV and fairytale. It made a great escapist read, I loved the glamour of the dresses and old-fashioned romance between America and her love interests.


The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson – 3/5

This book left me a bit underwhelmed, particularly as so many others have high praise for it. Most likely it was a bit young for me, the dynamic of the friendship group in the book was lovely, but some of their problems came across a bit melodramatic. It was rather fun in places, such as the scavenger hunt and the antics towards the end. Unfortunately I couldn’t connect too well with the lead couple and not a great deal seemed to happen on the whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment