Monday 23 December 2019

Christmas Morning Breakfast Cookies & Merry Christmas



I wanted to take this opportunity to wish my readers a Merry Christmas! I hope you all have a good year ahead in 2020. Today I have a little festive recipe for you. Basically these are chewy oat and sultana cookies which in my mind would be perfect for Christmas morning breakfast.

The original recipe was from The Hungry Student Easy Baking book by Charlotte Pike, which I modified ever so slightly by switching sugar for sweeter and adding a little bit of desiccated coconut.

After trying them, the oatyness and coconut really came through. I made them fairly small, so you could easily have two or three. I recommend making biscuits if you get the chance as they are a quick bake.

Have you done any festive baking?
What do you like to eat for breakfast on Christmas morning? :-) Xx



4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you! Those cookies look YUMMY. and healthy. My favourite breakfast treat is the German Christmas Stollen, a loaf filled with raisins, nuts and some marzipan is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :-) Lovely to hear from you, and sorry it’s taken me so long to reply to your comment. Hope you had a nice festive period. Your favourite Christmas breakfast sounds pretty awesome. Would love to chat again through our blogs, take care. :-) Xx

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas Helen. :-) These look delicious! We usually have mince pies over Christmas and a lovely fry up for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Kim :-) Thank you for your words. Mince pies are a lovely tradition and fry ups make a nice treat. I haven’t had a fry up in a while, but they are a favourite of mine too. :-) Xx

      Delete