Tuesday 16 June 2020

Film & Music Reviewed #3


Film // The Breadwinner

The Breadwinner tells the story of Parvana, an 11-year-old girl growing up under the Taliban in Afghanistan in 2001. When her father is wrongfully arrested, Parvana disguises herself as a boy in order to support her family. With dauntless perseverance, Parvana draws strength from the stories her father told her, and ultimately risks her life to discover if he is still alive. Equal parts thrilling and spellbinding, The Breadwinner is a timely and inspiring tale about the transcendent power of stories, and their potential to unite and heal us all.

A special, heartfelt story with beautiful animation and an important message. My Dad bought me this DVD at Christmas, and as he has quite good taste in films I was intrigued to watch it. The film was a bit outside my normal comfort zone but I enjoyed it. If you have children, I would recommend this film as it’s quite educational.

Rating: 4/5



Music // Long Live The Angels by Emeli Sandé

Firstly I love Emeli. She has a style of music which she tends to stick to but she always brings out some really lovely tunes. This album has a gospel, emotional feel to it which I appreciated. There’s not really any standout tracks as the songs are all consistently good. I can see this album being popular with her fans and anyone who’s keen to listen to the album.

Rating: 4/5


Do you have any recommendations for me?
What music and films have you been reaching for lately? :-) Xx

2 comments:

  1. The breadwinner sounds like a lovely movie. I will ask my husband if he wants to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anca :-) Thanks for taking the time to read more blog. The Breadwinner was a bit outside my normal comfort zone, but I would recommend it. Hope all is good with you. Speak soon. :-) Xx

      Delete