Thursday 21 January 2021

These are a few of my favourite things #2

Books:

Altered Clothing by Kathleen Maggio

I’ve been looking for ways to be more sustainable with my 
clothes. I loaned this book from the library to get some simple 
customizing ideas. Great for beginners such as myself.

Seeking Slow by Melanie Barnes

This book celebrates the importance of slowing down, 
and taking time for yourself. I found it surprisingly insightful
 with a lovely cosy, warm feeling to it.

Six Weeks to Zero Waste by Kate Arnell

I’ve been taking some positive steps towards a greener lifestyle 
and learning about looking after our planet. This was one of the best, and 
most extensive reads I’ve found regarding the growing waste issue. Arnell’s 
writing is down-to-earth, and encourages us to make changes big or small.


Spotify Music: 

Closer to the Truth by Cher

Although released in 2013, I found this album on Spotify just 
before Christmas. It has a feel-good, disco vibe with empowering lyrics.

Revolution in Me by Siobhan Donaghy

Siobhan was an original member of the Sugababes, and their debut 
album, ‘One Touch’ is one of my all-time favourites. I would recommend 
‘Revolution’ as it has the same kind of vibe and was my favourite album of 2020.




Films on TV: 

The Mask with Jim Carrey

I’ve watched The Mask a handful of times as a kid and re-watched it at the start of the new year. For those who don’t know, we follow a bank clerk who finds a mysterious mask in a river. When worn, the accessory transforms his character. It’s a classic, and Jim Carrey plays the lead character very well.


Internet:

Blog: www.handmadecharlotte.com

Charlotte has a beautiful blog, filled with colourful and unique 
crafts for all ages. I can’t help being inspired every time I visit.


Lifestyle:


Unicorn Decorated Tissue Box

My Mum gave me this decorated tissue box. 
Available at Asda for those of you who are curious.
I love the unicorn/rainbow design. 



What were your favourite things this month?
Have I given you any new ideas for things to watch, listen or read? :-) Xx

2 comments:

  1. Great post, super book selection like the ideas ,music & movies are great for these times. have a super weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much! This series has been a fun one to make. Glad you enjoyed it and you too! :-) Xx

      Delete