Wednesday 23 December 2015

Mince Pies & Merry Christmas! :-)


Christmas is so close now, I thought I would share one last post before the big day. I made mince pies one morning last week with readymade pastry. It was actually the first mince pies I have ever made to my memory. I found using readymade pastry a lot easier and less time consuming. It was a simple bake and not a lot of steps. For each case I made a dough base and then added a dollop of mincemeat. I used a star cutter to create a pretty effect on top and after they came out the oven I dusted them with icing sugar.

I also used silicone cupcake cases, these are great as they are reusable plus the bright colours are perfect for photographing. I was really pleased with how my bake came out, my family seemed to enjoy the mince pies and I thought they tasted good too! If you fancy baking something but don’t have a lot of time, these would be a great choice! I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoy it with family and friends and Santa brings you some blog worthy presents! :-D

So have you been baking recently? Are you looking forward to Christmas? Xxx









No comments:

Post a Comment