Monday 6 August 2018

August Used Book Haul



Thanks for joining me for a new blog post, today I’m back with my mid-summer book haul. The theme for this one seems to be beach reads, and so far already I’ve read a few that would fit into this category over the summer months. Also I began a Maeve Binchy book a few weeks back and unfortunately it just didn’t resonate with me, it was not what I was expecting, and I got the impression the authors audience was much older than me. Despite this I was pleased with the other titles I found. How to Walk in High Heels: The Girl’s Guide to Everything has been on radar for years, it’s definitely not a new release but I’m excited to dip into this one, and its non-fiction too which interests me.

So far this year I’ve read two more Jane Costello books, and I only have a couple from the author I haven’t read now including this title The Love Shack so it might be a good one for Valentine’s 2019. The Little Kiosk By The Sea appears to be the ultimate beach read, and hopefully I’ll have time to pick it up this summer. Lastly Always Dakota by Debbie Macomber struck me as an escapist read which looked like it might be fun. Again all these books are secondhand!



Titles I picked up:

How to Walk in High Heels: The Girl's Guide to Everything by Camilla Morton
The Little Kiosk By The Sea by Jennifer Bohnet
The Love Shack by Jane Costello
Always Dakota by Debbie Macomber
Nights of Rain and Stars by Maeve Binchy
A Few of the Girls by Maeve Binchy


Have you read any beach style reads this summer? If so which one? :-) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment