Saturday 15 December 2018

Christmas Baking: Christmas Tree Mince Pies



It’s time to get festive, Christmas is coming! Today I wanted to share with you a baking project I’ve been working on. Mince pies are a staple this time of year so my Mum and I made some from scratch. Normally we bake separately but we joined forces for these and I was pleased with how they came out. My Mum made the mincemeat and I made the pastry.

I searched for a healthier alternative recipe online and found this one which we used as a guide. Before I’ve made mince pies with ready made pastry so it was interesting making it myself this time. I used a Christmas tree cookie cutter to cut out a pastry shape for the top of each pie. Overall they were so tasty!

Do you like mince pies? 
Have you ever made your own? :-) Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment