Tuesday 30 July 2019

Healthier Cocoa Biscuits



I’ve been baking again! I haven’t shared a baking post in a little while although I’ve been making quite a few different things lately. I’ve been faithfully using my Mary Berry Fast Cakes recipe book for nearly all my recent bakes, it’s my new favourite! The recipes in there are simple, easy to follow and great if you want to tweak things a little like I do.

These biscuits went down quite well, and I liked the rich taste of cocoa, as it gave me freedom to swap the sugar for a good quality sweetener. They took no time to make really, and little time to bake too. I often like experimenting with new recipes, and rarely go back to reuse them, but I can see these being a bit of a staple. They would be a lovely, healthy treat to snack on and ideal to freeze for later.

Are you in the mood to bake? 
Where do you get your recipes from? :-) Xx


4 comments:

  1. These sound so good! I usually get my bakimg recipes from The Humming Bird baking book or Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim :-) Thank you for your lovely comment, and sorry for the late response. Glad this bake was of interest to you. I googled The Humming Bird baking book and it looks very pretty. Pinterest is such a good resource too! Xx

      Delete
  2. These sound really good Helen! I'm so excited for GBBO starting next week, do you watch it?
    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emma :-) Thanks for getting in touch, and commenting on this post. These biscuits were quite successful. It’s nice to hear you have been interested in the GBBO. I’ve watched it in the past too although life’s gotten in the way the last month or so. I’ve read a few of Mary Berry’s books, and would highly recommend them! :-) Xx

      Delete