Sunday 23 August 2020

Film & Music Reviewed #4

 

Music // Just The Beginning by Grace VanderWaal

This was probably my favourite album purchase from 2019 although the release date was a couple of years before then. I like nearly all the songs on the album but my favourites are Moonlight, and So Much More Than This. I found her voice and the general sound of the album unique and quirky.

Rating: 5/5

Music // Superwoman by Rebecca Ferguson

Another 2019 favourite, I can always rely on Rebecca for music that I know I will love. I’ve liked everyone of her albums to date. Originally Rebecca became well known on a music reality TV show, years back now. Her sound is soulful and her lyrics are often empowering. Bones and Stars are a few of my album favourites.

Rating: 5/5

Film // Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again 

Sophie Sheridan learns more about her mother Donna's history on the island of Kalokairi with her three possible fathers as she reopens the family hotel.

I haven’t watched the first Mamma Mia until recently on TV but my Nan bought me Mamma Mia two on DVD for my birthday and I thought it was fabulous. I appreciated the costume design, music, and breath-taking scenery. This is one of my favourite musicals.

Rating: 5/5

Film // Paddington 2

Paddington takes up a job to accumulate enough money to buy the perfect gift for his aunt on her 100th birthday, but it gets taken.

Sequels can often be a bit hit and miss but this was such an entertaining film, and as good as the first film. Paddington’s character was well done, and I liked his sweet voice.

Rating: 5/5


Do you have any recommendations for me?
What music and films have you been reaching for lately? :-) Xx

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy seeing your posts, (books puzzles and music) Mama mia is the only musical I like (haven't seen #2) The singers I am not familiar with though will have to check them out. My latest music has been meditation tunes, birds and nature , favourite is by zENcantment . Movies some french comedies,titles i don't recall. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so pleased to receive your comment, thank you! I would recommend Mama Mia two for sure. I also recently watched The Greatest Showman on TV, and although I’m not big on musicals I thoroughly enjoyed it. I might try looking up your music recommendation on Spotify. Have a great week too! :-) Xx

      Delete
  2. Paddington is so funny, I liked it.

    I recently saw the Astronauts, with Eddie Redmayne. It was a bit of a hit&miss from me. She is so very strong and he is so very weak. The movie was inspired by 2 different people with different stories, so could have made a movie about her, not a dodgy mix. Have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Anca. I’m a big Paddington fan. :-) I looked up The Aeronauts with Eddie Redmayne and was intrigued by the trailer. I quite liked Eddie Redmayne in The Theory of Everything, which you might prefer. I’m not familiar with Felicity Jones but she has a look of Emilia Clarke from Me Before you. Thanks for the interesting thoughts and recommendation, I’ll keep an eye out for it and the actress you mentioned. :-) Xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete