Saturday 28 November 2020

Mary Berry Frugal Fruit Cake

Hope my readers are doing well. It feels a while since I shared a baking post. I had a long period of time earlier in the year of baking quite regularly. At the moment, I’m waiting for things to get back to normal after a kitchen reno but baking has been on my mind. 

I made this fruit cake in the summer, and it was one of my most successful bakes of the year. I used my trusted Fast Cakes book by Mary Berry. I was fairly new to making fruit cake but this recipe was good for beginners. I included butter for some indulgence, so in the end the cake tasted very nice and not at all frugal. I can see myself making this again, I enjoyed the baking process as well as the final result.

Have you ever made a fruit cake?

What are your favourite things to bake? :-) Xx




2 comments:

  1. This looks incredibly delicious!

    Danielle xx
    https://www.thereluctantblogger.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Danielle, it’s always a pleasure to hear from you! :-) Xx

      Delete