Monday 28 December 2020

These are a few of my favourite things #1

 



Lifestyle:

A seasonal flower arrangement
My kind Aunt sent our family some beautiful festive flowers. 
They stand lovely in the conservatory.

Eco-gift wrap & special design
I like to be eco-friendly but stylish with my wrapping. I had some spare 
recyclable craft paper, and made each gift unique using ribbon, toppers, etc.

A winter walk on the beach
The weathers been so rainy this Christmas but there’s been one or two days when 
the sun came out. There was a bit of frost, but lovely light on this trip to the beach.


Entertainment:

Spotify Music: Story of Me by Megan McKenna
I knew of Megan from celebrity X-Factor, but stumbled across her album on Spotify quite recently. Don’t judge her until you listen. Her music is a lovely a mix of country, and pop with meaningful lyrics. 

Films on TV: Christmas Date
‘After Brooke's boyfriend breaks up with her right before the holidays, she agrees to go 
home with an actor who poses as her boyfriend.’ I tend to watch a couple of channel five 
Christmas films each year; this was my favourite as I couldn’t stop laughing along. 


Festive Reads:

Calm Christmas by Beth Kempton
A beautiful little coffee table book, with atmospheric writing, 
and heartfelt thoughts on Christmas.

One Christmas Wish by Katherine Rundell
We follow a young boy with a special wish on Christmas Eve. 
Loved the magical realism and stunning illustrations.

Cardboard Creatures by Claude Jeantet
A non-fiction read I lent from the library. Really innovative
 ways to recycle cardboard, for Christmas and beyond.

Internet:

Blog Post: https://www.nourishmeblog.co.uk/2020/12/10-ways-to-have-more-sustainable.html
I appreciated reading this post on having a sustainable Christmas. There were some great ideas!

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AmberBurns
Amber has a lovely YT channel. I’ve been enjoying her down to earth, 
conversational videos. She does vlogs, bookish content and more.


What were your favourite things over Christmas?
Have I given you any new ideas for things to watch, listen or read? :-) Xx

2 comments:

  1. So many great things sweetie!

    Danielle xx
    https://www.thereluctantblogger.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danielle :-) Aww thanks so much! Hope you are having a good week. Xx

      Delete