Tuesday 5 June 2012

Accessorize Baked Blusher in ‘5 – Sensation’ £5


I picked this item up in Superdrug a few weeks back in the 3 for 2 offers. I was drawn to the beautiful packaging and the shimmery quality to the product.

Accessorize are new to the make-up counter in Superdrug and was excited to buy a few things from this brand. From sampling in the shop, I knew this blusher was lovely and shimmery.



I used a kabuki brush to apply to the contour of my cheeks. ‘Sensation’ is quite a natural colour and adding a bit to the face gives a healthy glow and a lovely shimmer.


I’ve tried powder blushes in the past and many have been a bit chalky, particularly cheaper products. Unfortunately I did find this blusher to be slightly chalky.


However all other aspects of the item make up for this, particularly because at £5 you are paying for what you get.


The base of the product is fairly big, making it easy to sweep a big brush across. I think having a good quality brush makes all the difference and a good technique when applying.


It can be hard to achieve a professional look, particularly with cheaper drugstore items. I might try a cream blush and see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment