Saturday 23 July 2016

I Made Coffee and Walnut Cake with Buttercream.


Hope you are having a nice weekend so far, in today’s post I wanted to share with you my latest bake. As you can guess by the title I made coffee and walnut cake. It was my first proper attempt at buttercream icing, I added melted coffee granules for an authentic coffee flavour. I think adding the icing, made the taste of the whole cake much nicer. I also made a base and a top to the cake so I could put a generous helping of the buttercream in the middle (and on the top!). I’ve seen a few people put whole walnuts on for decoration, I decided to brake the nuts into crumbs to sprinkle them more randomly, and the effect seemed to work just as nicely. I shared my results with family and friends and got some really positive feedback! :-)

Do you like baking? What is your favourite sweet treat? :-) xxx










No comments:

Post a Comment