Saturday 31 March 2018

Recent Reads Reviewed #6


It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want to Be by Paul Arden - 5/5

I’ve owned and loved Paul Arden books for years so decided to re-read the three in my collection. This one is the first in the series and is basically like a pocket guide to success in life and business. I really resonated with the author’s words relating to creativity and design although I could see this book appealing to a broad range of people. It was also an extremely quick, easy read as are the others.

Whatever You Think, Think the Opposite by Paul Arden - 5/5

Sometimes sequels can be a bit of a disappointment but Arden’s second book was equally as good. The author continued with his fresh, innovative ideas around graphic design and life. I can’t recommend the series enough.

God Explained in a Taxi Ride by Paul Arden - 5/5

I loved that the author tried something different with this book, I thought the concept of learning about religion in a taxi journey portion was excellent. His explanations were made very clear and accessible. I still give this book five stars but it’s my least favourite out of the three I’ve reviewed.


Infamous by Lauren Conrad - 3/5

This is the final book in the fame game series and holds a special place in my heart for sentimental reasons. I’ve slowly been making my way through Lauren Conrad’s fiction series as a light read on holiday which has taken me forever to complete. The basic plot focuses on friends living in Hollywood being filmed as part of a reality hit show which is loosely based on The Hills. It’s a fluffy, escapist read which at times I enjoyed but was dissatisfied with the ending sadly.

We Were On a Break by Lindsey Kelk - 5/5

I went into this book with mediocre expectations but was delighted to find it had quite a bit of emotional depth to it, interactions between the characters were written well, particularly Liv’s set of friends who had me in the giggles. The basic plot revolves around a break up between Liv and Adam and as the story progresses we see whether they find a way back to each other or not. I heart this novel, it would make a perfect holiday read!


Do you prefer reading fiction or non-fiction? 
Will you be doing any reading over the Easter weekend? :-) Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment