Monday 12 March 2018

Review and Tour of Middlesbrough Mima Art Gallery

The Mima, short for Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art is a large art gallery in Middlesbrough centre square. I went with my friend before Christmas, to view the latest exhibitions and have lunch in their restaurant. I enjoy visiting it when I can, and I had a lovely afternoon with my friend. I’ve been a visitor to the Mima for a while now, I used to pop-in more regularly when I was at the local University. It’s probably one of my favourite galleries in the area, the exhibitions are always changing, so you can expect to see new things quite frequently.

The one we saw was full of colour, striking imagery and cheerful pottery. The exhibition spaces are very spacious, and there are many floors with different things being shown. They often have classes, workshops and the occasional craft fair too. I would recommend you visit if you are in the area, it is free entry throughout and there is a restaurant called The Smeltery as you walk in. I will be doing a review of that soon. More info on Mima here.

Do you like to visit art galleries? 
Have you heard of the Mima before? :-) Xx


















No comments:

Post a Comment