Friday 1 November 2019

Photo Diary P1 | Helmsley, North Yorkshire Holiday

It’s been a while, welcome back! Today I have part one of my holiday photo diary from earlier in the year. We went to Helmsley, in North Yorkshire which was my first time visiting. We went for one week for a relaxing, laid back time.

We did go on a few outings such as a visit to the Rievaulx temple, which we had a tour of, and later a picnic. We went to the national centre for birds of prey, which was one of the highlights of our trip, and photos of the birds will be in the next part of this post series. I took some photos of a rose garden, I found in the national centre for birds of prey which are featured in this post.

I thoroughly enjoyed having a potter around Helmsley centre, my Mum and I went in some interesting shops. I bought a military jacket from Age UK, which is featured in this haul post. There was a beautiful book shop, but it was a bit overpriced, although they had a fabulous young adult section.










We stumbled across an unusual shop selling wool, and secondhand books. The books were in a room in the back, and they had an array of chick-lit and thriller books. I ended up getting one book on holiday, it was called The Mona Lisa Mystery by Pat Hutchins, which I found second-hand in Oxfam.

We found a beautiful forest which we visited most days, to get phone reception and a coffee in the campervan. I got some interesting ethereal shots of the foliage while visiting there. We went for a meal in a pub in Helmsley centre one day too, and I had a gorgeously presented salad.

The cottage was stunning, particularly my bedroom, it had traditional beams, and a hygge, cosy feel. Most days I had a wander around the grounds with my camera; as there was a large pond, horses, and so on.










Do cottage holidays appeal to you too?
What things do you like to get up to while on a break? :-) Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment